✨Let’s celebrate! It’s release day for ROGUE WAVE by Allison Bettes!
Why you need to ONE-CLICK this book…
🔥Neighbors
🔥Age Gap
🔥Grumpy/Sunshine
🔥Small Town
🔥Marine Biologist FMC
🔥Sheriff MMC
BLURB.
The sexy but grumpy sheriff next door is the last man Hazel ever wanted to ask for help—but when her backyard turns into a crime scene… Hank is her only option.
Hazel:
I’m a marine biologist by day, chaos magnet by night. I get paid to study beach life—not to find evidence from a crime that washed up after a storm. When I accidentally uncovered something that was meant to stay buried, I found myself tangled up in mystery and danger – and increasingly tangled with Hank McAllister, the divorced, decade-older, infuriatingly hot sheriff next door.
Hank:
Hazel O’Hara is my infuriatingly hot neighbor that always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We shouldn’t work—but when a sudden storm rolls in and things turn dangerous, we’re forced to rely on each other, and my resolve to not get involved with her quickly fades away.
AVAILABLE NOW.
Grab your copy in Kindle Unlimited!
MY REVIEW.
5 Stars from Tiffany!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cute, Cute, Cute!!!
In Rogue Wave, Allison Bettes did an excellent job of balancing romance with mystery while keeping the funny bits in there, too. This is my first read of hers, and I’ll definitely be back for more…especially Dougie’s story.
Hank and Hazel are an opposites-attract couple if I’ve ever seen one. She’s bubbly, personable, and seems to get along with anyone, which scares the staunch, previously burned small-town sheriff. Like a kid on the playground pulling her pigtails, Hank gives Hazel random tickets to, one, piss her off and, two, make sure she talks to him about it. Even though she’s is yelling at him and coming up with new nicknames for him.
Our drama begins when Hazel is innocently collecting shells from the beach and stumbles onto much more. In a flash, all eyes are on her, and the creeps start coming out of the woodwork, making Hank’s job twofold now: sheriff and potential love interest.
The evolution of the sheriff and marine biologist was a cute one. While you can see she was good for him, their banter was entertaining. Throw in Hank’s best friend, Dougie, who doesn’t miss a chance to make fun of him, along with Hazel’s family chiming in, and there’s a whole other situation to follow.
The book is well written and perfectly put together, with steam and a slight whodunit. Rogue Wave reads as a standalone, with a sneak peek at who is next.
MEET ALLISON BETTES.
Welcome to My World of Romance and Suspense!
I weave stories of mystery, romance, and suspense. Dive in and join me on this heart-pounding journey, where every twist and turn brings new surprises and adventure. If you enjoy characters who are brave, sassy, and beautifully flawed, you’re in the right place.
I’m a meteorologist/science writer by day, but a romantic suspense author at heart. My journey into the world of romance and suspense started when my grandma handed me her well-worn copies of Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts novels—I was hooked.
During Covid times, with time on my hands and a need for catharsis, I dove into writing my own romantic suspense novels. Fast forward several years and four novels later, I'm ready to share my stories with the world. My books are a thrilling blend of romance, mystery, and suspense -- think Cupid Meets Crime Scene.
Connect with Allison Bettes:




No comments:
Post a Comment