Friday, September 29, 2017

[Amazon Review Tour] Rough and Rich by Hayley Faiman


Title: Rough and Rich
Series: Notorious Devils #6
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 25, 2017













Imogen Caroline Stewart-Huntington hasn’t always been a rich bitch, her sunshine blotted out by her husband’s need to soar.
Sloane McKinley Huntington III hasn’t always been a Devil, but the brotherhood was his ride to the next best high—a vice he couldn’t shake, until he didn’t have a choice.
Now, three years sober, he sees with clear eyes. Free from the shackles of prison, all he wants is a second chance, his sights set on one woman—his wife.
Imogen knows that money can’t buy love—but when the rough man who stole her heart barges back into her life, she can’t help but question if perhaps forgiveness will.









4 Stars from Tiffany!
🔥🔥🔥🔥

Glad it was Her and Not Me...

Hayley Faiman likes to torture her readers and that's a fact. Book after book of these MC guys that I can't stand to feel an ounce of sympathy for most of the time, yet end up doing just that. Super irritating and I'll tell ya, this Imogen is WAY more forgiving and patient than I would EVER be. I was ready to skip to the end and be done with this Notorious Devil couple. D-O-N-E. However, as a sucker for angst, I kept on reading like a trooper.

While I had a problem with Dirty Johnny, Soar is pretty darn close to his level. He isn't Mad Dog or Fury in no way whatsoever, he is a complete jacka-s with a capital J. We knew of Soar from previous books and that he was actually married and still acting the way he did. This time the focus is on Ginny/Imogen and why she stuck around all those man whoring years of his. Yuck.

"I miss him. Even the a-hole part of him."

There it is. She misses him. Ugh, so hard to comprehend as it seems like every part of him is complete a-hole, however he's her a-hole and has been for years. Ages are dropped constantly in Imogen and Sloane/Soar's story and seems to be the reason she is still around. She's loved this guy since she was fifteen and is now thirty five. Years and years of being cheated on and sometimes even right under her nose is what Imogen has put up with and STILL wants him. What the?

"Something inside of me must be just as broken as what's inside of him, because I weakly allow this $hit over and over."

That's the line that got me. At least Imogen realizes that there is something very wrong with her, as well as Sloane, to keep going back after such brutal betrayal. It's the two broken people finding and healing each other thing I suppose. Not only are they dealing with Club stuff, they both carry some heavy effed up baggage from their families. It's a giant mess all the way around. 

"From now on, I fight, but I don't fight her. I fight for her and for us. I'm going to fight my demons..."

See? He wants to do right by her, yet the past keeps rearing it's ugly head, which it will do when you are still surrounded by it. Imogen is stronger than I would ever be taking her man back after how dirty he actually was. That was the hardest part of this book for me. The way she was treated and kept forgiving and excusing him.

Rough and Rich is well written from dual points of view and of course, all the previous brothers and wives are featured, something I really like in a series. While Soar isn't one of my favorites, he redeemed himself quite nicely. The story line is predictable, but when Soar and Ginny solve most of thier problems with sex and the constant threat to the MC, it makes for a great, angsty, read. 

Rough & Real is teed up after the "epilogue" and boy does it sound interesting. Count me in!

-----

5 Stars from Renee!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, danger, and suspense. 

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first:
Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC #3)
Rough and Ruthless (Notorious Devils MC #4)
Rough and Ready (Notorious Devils MC #5)

This is Imogen and Sloane (Soar)‘s story. Imogen and Soar are married. If you read the other books I this series you already know Soar. He’s a man whore and has been for years. What you don’t understand until this story is why Imogen can still love him. It’s crazy but even with all she has been though she still loves him deep in her soul. He wants to fight for her but with all the baggage that these two have it’s sometimes hard to focus and be together. Can these two finally get there stuff together to only be with each other for the future? Or is this the closure that they needed so that can finally let go and move on? 

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read. 

I highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the next story from this author. 

-----

5 Stars from Brianna!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Hayley Faiman is a rule breaker for me in every way. Her stories give me a high I never want to escape. She pushes me out of my neatly tucked safety box and makes me feel things that I never knew were possible. While on paper I should run away from her writing, like an addict I keep coming back for more because this series and every single book is so fucking brilliant and amazing.

Rough and Rich is the sixth book in this series and while I guess it technically could be read as a standalone, I highly suggest you read them in order.... with overlapping plots and characters, Faiman does a perfect job setting up each book as this series progresses and it's not to be missed.

In this installment, Sloane "Soar" and Imogen are up on the chopping block and I'm here to tell you, you aren't prepared for the journey these two will take you on. The twists, turns, suspense, intensity, emotions, heat, heart... their story was the perfect storm with parts of dark and light that will leave your heart racing and completely breathless.

This love story isn't pretty and its downright complicated. In fact if you've followed this series, then you know it's gonna be ugly, brutal, and everything to do with a second chance that these two need...desperately.

Strength. Fire. Love. Determination. Do they have what it takes to piece back the broken parts of them?

If you like gritty, raw, super sexy, and completely unsafe books in all the best (no I'm being dead serious) ways possible them give this series by Hayley a try.

I highly recommend this book and series.











32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.








No comments:

Post a Comment