Monday, March 20, 2017

[Review] Devil You Know by L.A. Fiore

DYK Now live FB 2 

Devil You Know Release GIF 

17160794_1859736437577221_58880806_n
the-devil-you-know-for-web 

Damian Tate. One look into his sad green eyes and I was hooked. I wanted to be the one to make him laugh, to make him smile. I hadn't expected him to be the one to make me blush, to make me hot...to make me fall in love. He was my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. I wanted forever with him, but life got in the way. 

 He enlisted, I went to college, and for years we were never in the same place long enough to pick up where we left off. 

 Thirteen years after he left, tragedy brings him home. The stoic boy I fell in love with grew into a quiet, dangerous and wildly sexy man. He still tugs on all the right strings for me, but he seems determined to keep me at arm's-length.  

However, when trouble comes knocking at my door, he is the one to put himself between that trouble and me.  

Spending time with him might drive me insane, or it might be our second chance at first love.



17198887_1859736494243882_1244360875_n
amazonbandnkobo
17199155_1859736464243885_903469688_n
***
17198411_1859736490910549_127362343_n
Devil You Know Teaser January 31 

Devil You Know Teaser January 31(1)



OUR REVIEWS:
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

4 Stars from Renee!

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was kept interested. The story has pain, abuse, suspense, friends to lovers, love, and heartbreak.

This is Thea and Damian’s story. Damian was left with his abusive and uncaring mother when his father walked out. He becomes friends with Cam who is Thea’s twin sister. He spends time at their house and becomes almost a part of their family. As love develops between Thea and Damian they both understand their future goals are different. He enlists and she goes off to school. Over the next thirteen years they are apart but they have never forgotten each other. When he moves back home things get a little crazy. Secrets are exposed. Things are not what they seem. People are out to make sure these two are not together. But can they fight through all the obstacles and end up together no matter what? 

I loved both characters. I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read. 


I recommend this book. 

-------

4 Stars from Tiffany!

Another Exciting Series!

This is the second book I have read by L.A. Fiore and am growing to like her writing style. She is big on the set up, then changes gear and takes you on a totally different ride, with the original set up still playing in the background. Very clever!

As in the previous book, the first half, or just about, is the ins and outs of the relationship between Thea and Damian. We start when they are seventeen and span years with them, going back and forth with whatever the so called relationship was and thier current lives. Thirteen years is a long time to pine after someone and if I had any complaints about this story, that would be it. 

Damian is awesome. Sure he has a troubled past to say the least, but boy did he come out right side up when it was all said and done. I liked that he was a man of few words and used actions instead. There was no question that he loved Thea, no matter how many years went by. He was loyal and protective and sexy as hell.

When Damian finally plants his roots back home for the long haul, that's when everything goes to hell in a handbasket quickly. Secrets are uncovered as the ugly truth is told. Thea had no idea what actually surrounded her and her family.


The book is well written from dual points of view and like the previous one, is full of supporting characters you care about as much as the main characters. Everybody has an opinion and gets thier two cents in the story that starts to unfold. I would say Devil You Know is a bit of a romance/mystery read that really worked out well for me. A little bit of everything and it all seemed to fit perfectly in the end.


17141757_1859736474243884_1282614022_n
logo 

L.A. Fiore is the author of several books including: Beautifully Damaged, Waiting for the One and A Glimpse of the Dream. She's also the social secretary for her two children, a tamer of ill-mannered cats, the companion to one awesome dog and married to her best friend. She likes her wine red, her shrimp chilled and her social gatherings small and intimate.

17199005_1859736430910555_875787244_n 
websitefbtwitterigamazongoodreads(1)newsletter




hostedby
website goldfacebook goldtwitter goldinstagram goldPinterest goldyoutube goldgold label_newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment