Wednesday, March 8, 2017

[Amazon Review Tour] Chasing After Me by R.C. Martin


Title: Chasing After Me
Series: A Made For Love Novel
Author: R.C. Martin
Genre: New Adult Romance Standalone
Release Date: March 6, 2017




I found her hiding in her own eyes—
the pretty little thing in black Chucks.
Even then I knew...
Knew that she would light my world.
Knew that she would steal my heart.
In just one glance, I knew I'd let her have it all.
All she had to do was take it.
All she had to do was chase her...
Chase the girl I saw in those gorgeous brown eyes.

Chasing After Me has been written as a STAND ALONE novel. Intended for readers 18+ years of age due to language and sexual content.
















5 Stars from Tiffany!

I Loved This Book!!

Chasing After Me makes the rank of the few books that have made me cry. Actually cry and at other parts well up. Kenzie and Coder couldn't be more wrong for each other and that's what made them just right. Coder is now on the infamous book boyfriend list as well. What a guy!

From the blurb the book sounds dark and mysterious and is anything but. It's a growing up, learning to live outside your boundaries and accept others for who they are story. While our characters are young, nineteen and twenty-three, they have good heads on thier shoulders and know what they want from life. Well, Coder does anyway. Kenzie, the younger of the two, finds herself at a crossroads for the moment.

Coder had a bad experience from his past and now only wants to include quality people into his inner circle as well as his bed. He learned who his true friends are the hard way. One look at Kenzie and he knew he needed to get to know her better. In a crazy way her eyes spoke to him and he wanted to see what else they had to say.

I instantly liked Coder. He was a big guy with a big heart. One of those alpha teddy bears that said the right thing every time. He knows how to take care of his woman, how to make her feel special at all times. Kenzie, as much as she didn't realize, was his perfect match. She came along at the exact time Coder needed her. 

The book is well written and along with Coder and Kenzie, we also interact with each family as supporting characters. Total involvement, which works out well. Chasing After Me is the fifth book in the Made for Love series, the only one I've read, however reads perfectly as a standalone. If anything, it made me more curious about everybody else's backstories. I have one small complaint and it's a personal annoyance of mine, the honey and babe names were a bit too much for me. I'm not a huge fan of pet names and thought it was strange coming from such a young girl. It took nothing away from the story, but did garner quite a few eye rolls as I read. Excellent book, already recommended it to others!








I'm a born and bred Coloradan. While I now reside in Virginia, the land of the Rocky Mountains is where I've left a piece of my heart and where my characters come to life. When I'm not writing I'm reading; when I'm not reading I'm writing...you know how it goes! I also enjoy cooking, baking, crocheting, and jigsaw puzzles. Basically, I'm an old soul with a young heart, nonchalantly waiting for my prince to come.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment