Thursday, February 2, 2017

[Release Day Blitz + Review] Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey


Title: Anything You Can Do
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: Feb 2, 2017
Add to TBR - http://bit.ly/2jxlPZQ




SYNOPSIS:

Lucas Thatcher has always been my enemy.

It’s been a decade since I’ve seen him, but our years on opposite coasts were less of a lasting peace and more of a temporary cease-fire. Now that we’re both back in our small town, I know Lucas expects the same old war, but I’ve changed since high school—and from the looks of it, so has he.

The arrogant boy who was my teenage rival is now a chiseled doctor armed with intimidating good looks. He is Lucas Thatcher 2.0, the new and improved version I’ll be competing with in the workplace instead of the schoolyard.

I’m not worried; I’m a doctor now too, board-certified and sexy in a white coat. It almost feels like winning will be too easy—until Lucas unveils a tactic neither of us has ever used before: sexual warfare.

The day he pushes me up against the wall and presses his lips to mine, I can’t help but wonder if he’s filling me with passion or poison. Every fleeting touch is perfect torture. With every stolen kiss, my walls crumble a little more. After all this time, Lucas knows exactly how to strip me of my defenses, but I’m in no hurry to surrender.

Knowing thy enemy has never felt so good.




OUR REVIEWS:
 

4 Stars!

I Almost Gave Up

Sheesh does R.S. Grey deliver one annoying book with Anything You Can Do. Yes it's funny and yes it's romantic, but good grief by the time you get to that part, you are on the borderline of wanting to strangle these two characters. I felt like I was reading a book about my fighting kids, not two adults for a while. Then it all starts to make sense...

"I might have provoked Lucas into action over the years, but he was never really the bad guy."

This girl was nuts it the funniest way possible. Daisy and Lucas have known each other since the minute they were born and have been in competition ever since. Now that they are both twenty-seven and the stakes are higher, Daisy has upped her game, much to her own detriment. She is like a sad sitcom star, everything bad that can happen to her does, but at her own hand mind you.

Lucas is back in town to claim what is his. He will stop at nothing to get it, no matter how hard Daisy tries to thwart him. This is something he has waited his whole life for and it's finally in his reach.

Oh the back and forth between these two was painful. A good kind of hurt if you will, but at one point I wanted them to either sh-t or get off the pot already. I wanted some romance, some angst, not tricks and lies...and then I got it. Lucas finally manned the eff up and it was game on!

Now our characters are in uncharted territory and the angst is at an all time high, plus Daisy has finally gone too far and I couldn't wait to see how she would get herself out of this last situation with her heart intact.

The book is well written from dual points of view. There is a little email ditty within the chapters that I thought was cute and worked so well for this story. R.S. Grey did a fantastic job at totally changing my initial reaction towards these characters and I loved them (plus thier crazy families) in the end.




4.5 Stars!
 
I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Daisy and Lucas’s story. These two are rivals. They have fought their whole life. They hate each other. Not they are trying to get the same job. Daisy tries everything to get at Lucas but most of it back fires on here. She seems to have the worst luck. The fighting get increasingly crazy. Lies, tricks and love all rolled into the fights. What happens when all the fighting you have been doing all your life has really been foreplay? The more they are around each other the more the sparks fly. Who is going to break first? All it will take is one kiss and they are about to fall for each other. Falling never hurt so much. But are they both falling or is only one falling?

I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read.

I highly recommend this book.




AUTHOR INFO:

I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things… everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors are Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I’m a comedy geek and love all things “funny”. Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

Facebook - http://bit.ly/2cJvNEN
Twitter - http://bit.ly/2dPKuGd
Website - http://www.rsgrey.com/
Goodreads - http://bit.ly/1sjpCGJ

No comments:

Post a Comment