Thursday, February 9, 2017

[Release Blitz + Review] A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart




Title: A Thousand Letters
Author: Staci Hart
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 9, 2017



Book Blurb


Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.
I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.
But now he’s back.
I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.
Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.
One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey bought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.
*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*

 






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited





My Review


4.5 Stars!

Whew! Not the best book to read when I am in just about the same situation as one of the main characters. I almost had to take a pass on this after the first chapter because I knew it was going to get way worse before it got better. Curiosity killed the cat they say, so I kept turning the pages.

A Thousand Letters is a hard book to review without spoiling the storylines. Staci Hart gives her readers an emotional book that is almost impossible to put down.

"The boy who I walked away from lived on in the wreckage of my heart, and I never stopped wishing things had been different." 

The whole book is a struggle. Either family or love, there is struggle and hurt feelings and regrets galore. So much has passed in the seven years gone by. Everything is different, but deep down they are still the same.

"Walking with him, touching him, being seen by him in a way that no one had in years, even if it was hard, even though it hurt. The invisible girl, visible again, but only to him."

The lines were beautiful, emotional and with poetry breaks intermingled, they worked. They kept me interested and I enjoyed the love of literature that passed between these characters. From old to young, they appreciated the written word and used them to help in everyday life.

"I could heal him, but he would ruin me. I would make that sacrifice without question simply because he needed me and I loved him." 

The book is beautifully written from dual points of view and highly moving. Like I said, the first chapter hit me like a ton of bricks, however I was glad I chose to read on. This is a heavy read and while it was hard to like some of the characters, they played off of each other well.


"I will follow you to the ends of earth, if you'll give me your heart in exchange for mine."



Author Bio


Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, cleaning, or designing graphics.



Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment