Wednesday, February 1, 2017

[Release Blitz + Review] Hot Mess by Emily Goodwin



Title: Hot Mess
Series: Love Is Messy Duet #1
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: Feb 1, 2017
----------------------
Add to TBR - http://bit.ly/2kayf7M




SYNOPSIS:

My life is a hot mess.

Single, working, and raising two daughters, it’s a miracle I get us up, dressed, and fed every morning. Forget about dating—nobody’s got time for that. Even if love hadn’t left me jaded, I’m not settling for anything less than perfect this time around.

Lucky for me, the perfect man just happens to work in my office. But there’s just one small problem: he’s my boss, and is totally off limits. But hey, if it’s meant to be, it’ll find a way, right?

Then a night out with friends turns into a night in with the walking-talking bad boy cliche of a bartender. It’s just one night. No harm, no foul, right?

Except when the hot bartender turns out to be my boss’s trouble-making brother, who wants more than just one night with me. The more I resist the spark between us, the more I find myself wanting him too. Which puts me in the middle of what could be the biggest sibling rivalry of the century.

Life is messy.

And love?

Well, love is even messier.




OUR REVIEWS:


4.5 Stars!

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, and suspense.

This is Lexi and Luke's story. Lexi is a single mother with two daughters. She is an editor and has fantasies about her boss but he is not for her. When she meets Luke out at a bar she knows she needs at least one night with him. Things get complicated right from the start. He is her boss’s brother. They don’t get along. But will that make a different when it was supposed to be one night? When her boss starts acting weird she must wonder why. The more time she spends with Luke the more she falls but is he falling or planning to run as soon as he can?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read. Book ends on a cliffy so you will need to get the next book releasing in March.

I highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the next story from this author.




4.5 Stars!

Emily Goodwin.. you naughty minx! I did not expect that ending and I did not realize this was a duet... but holy smokes! What an amazing book that captivated my heart and left me with a wicked hangover.

Hot Mess was a sexy, sweet, fun, intense, and passionate romance that captivated me cover to cover. This book was so good... edgy, smoldering, and not what I expected at all. This book took me on a journey that had twists, turns, laughs, smiles, and moments where I thought my kindle would overheat and have steam coming out of it.

Lexi and Luke.... they are about to find out how complicated love and life can really be. Sometimes you find love in places and with people you never see coming. Sometimes you have to take a chance despite consequences. Sometimes life gets messy and throws twists you never see coming. But sometimes... just maybe... life will give you exactly what you didn't know you needed... in the best kinds of ways.

 Despite that kindle throwing cliffhanger, this book rocked.

I highly recommend this book.




AUTHOR INFO:

 


Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment