Thursday, February 16, 2017

[Blog Tour + Review] Tainted Love by Gillian Jones


Title: Tainted By Love
Author: Gillian Jones
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Womens Fiction
Release Date: February 13, 2017

add-to-goodreads-button31


SYNOPSIS:

My name is Hendrix Hills.
When I was twenty-nine, I fell in love with a girl.
We loved fast. We loved hard.
But our love was tainted.

My name is Trinity Adams.
When I was twenty-seven, I fell in love with a boy.
We loved fast. We loved hard.
It’s too bad my blood was tainted.

Warning: Not your traditional HEA. May contain emotional triggers for some. There will be things that you won't like and some you will, but I hope you have fun finding out!



PURCHASE YOUR COPY TODAY!


* * * * *




OUR REVIEWS:


5 Stars!

Gillian Jones is a fantastic writer. I became a fan of her pub series a year or so ago and since then she's been a go-to for me. The thing about this author is she is smart with romance while still taking risks because this book.... is burning but one big risk is many different ways.

Tainted by Love was a heartbreakingly and at times painfully beautiful read that broke me down, ripped me wide open and left me in pieces in such a breathtaking and unforgettable way that it took a little time for me to recover and move on once i finished this journey. 

This romance is NOT for the light hearted. I'm not sure what you are expecting and I didn't really have a clue going in blind but I can guarantee that it won't be what you get. The twists and turns in this book will have you on the edge of your seat the entire journey. Like I said before, this book is about taking a risk and praying for a safe fall once it's over.

I can't promise you won't cry and I definitely can't promise you're heart won't break many times over... but what I can promise is that this journey.... this love story.... will make your heart beat a little faster.... it will make you believe  fairytales.... it will show you the power of love.... and it will make you fall head over heels in love in the best kinds of ways possible.

This is a romance that needs to be... experienced.


I highly recommend this book to readers who like to step out of the book and read things that are original, different, and not traditional. If you need safe and easy then keep on going by....



4 Stars!

Not What I Expected

From the blurb and the fact that I am a fan of the darker genre, I took this book for review thinking it was going to be one of my dark specialties. I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes the book has is "dark" moments per say, they aren't the kind of dark I am use to. This was feeling down to your soul kind of dark. Stop and make you wonder what you would do kind of dark. This review will be vague as to protect the storyline.

Gillian Jones wastes no time getting into the gist of this book and then some. We are introduced to Trinity first. A young woman with her whole life ahead of her, looking for someone to love her just the way she is. Having been burned pretty bad in the past, to say her guard is up would be putting it mildly. The last thing she needs right now is a self-proclaimed cocksman like Hendrix Hill vying for her affection. Loved his name by the way.

Hendrix has also been burned in the past and now is a f#uck em and chuck em type of guy. Very cooth at first if you ask me, although he does finally redeem himself. Hanging out with his best pal Cannon and scoring chicks is the life for him now. 

While the setup seems typical, it's anything but. These two find themselves kinda sorta thrown into a situation and the love games begin. It was a treat how many times Trinity shoots Hendrix down and for him to get right back up on that horse. Extenuating circumstances be damned, I wanted them to get together. 

Round and round we go with Trinity and Hendrix, as well as thier closest friends and family. Everybody is involved in this storyline and it really made the difference. It showed the support this couple had at all times. The road gets rocky of course, it wouldn't be interesting if it didn't and it gets harder and harder to tell which way the whole thing is going to turn out. 

The book is well written from dual points of view and it's a make-you-stop-and-think-type of book. I liked that it was different and maybe even uncomfortable at times, however also quite the learning experience. 






ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Gillian Jones

I'm a wife, mother, and a crazy Canadian, living in Ontario with the loves of my life-my amazing hubby and sweetest little boy. I'm admittedly addicted to my friends, red wine, and laughter. A lover of alpha males, hot sex, coupled with the perfect side of angst all topped off with the epic happily ever after.

* * * * *

GILLIAN'S OTHER BOOKS:

My Minds Eye Cover

On The Rocks Cover

27231292




No comments:

Post a Comment