Saturday, February 11, 2017

[Blog Tour + Review] Come Closer by Brenda Rothert

ComeCloser_Banner2


Come Closer by Brenda Rothert
An adult standalone, contemporary romance

  come-closer_amazon1


PURCHASE IT NOW!
Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | B&N


ComeCloser_LiveButton2


BOOK BLURB:

Sometimes appearances deceive. Take me, for instance. I look like a respectable doctor with his shit together, but the rural Montana mental hospital I work at is actually a sanctuary from my demons. At just thirty-five years old, I’ve already failed on an epic scale. Treating patients at Hawthorne Hill is part of my atonement. 
I’ve found peace when a new patient turns me inside out. Allison Cole is a beautiful, haunted survivor who fell into silence after witnessing a murder. But even without words, I’m drawn to her. The closer we get, the more I’m tempted to cross my professional boundaries and give in to my desire. 
Soon I find myself in a desperate race to put the pieces of Allison’s silence together. Her life becomes inextricably entwined with mine as I fight to save the second chance I never thought I’d have. I’ll break whatever rules I have to in order to protect this woman who’s been to hell and back. For her, I’ll do harm. 


CC_Teaser5


OUR REVIEWS:


5 Stars!

Brenda Rothert never ceases to amaze me when it comes to her writing and characters. Man, this woman has a way with her words that is addictive, enticing, and captivating. And this book surpasses anything I've ever read by Brenda... twisted, complicated, taboo, and strictly forbidden.

Come Closer tells the story of one man who is trying to atone the sins of his past and one woman who has suffered the ultimate tragedy. This book was brilliantly penned... full of secrets, twists, passion, emotions, suspense, desires, and heat. Once I started this journey, I didn't stop until I had read all the pages and I still wanted more.

She's a patient. He's a doctor. She hasn't spoke since she came in. He's determined to break down her walls. Both are in the mental institution for their own reasons.... and both will find healing, redemption, truth, forgiveness, and love if they fight for it. 

Daniel and Allison... what a twisted yet perfect pair these two were. Their journey was unique and different but so so good. 

I highly recommend this book.



5 Stars!

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, and heartbreak. 

This is Allison and Daniel’s story. Allison has not uttered a word since she witnessed a murder. She suffers from PTSD. He is running from demons of his own. He is a doctor and she is a patient. Can he help her with her demons? Will he be able to break down her walls and get her to open-up to him? Can he heal her? If he does will he be able to let her go or will he want to keep her forever? Will they be able to fight the demons together to move on to a better future? Can they really help each other? Or will all the pain and suffering she is enduring make her not want to find the underlying cause of the mystery?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read. 


I highly recommend this book. 


CC_Teaser4


AUTHOR INFORMATION:

BRheadshot

Brenda Rothert is an Illinois native who was a print journalist for nine years. She made the jump from fact to fiction in 2013 and never looked back. From new adult to steamy contemporary romance, Brenda creates fresh characters in every story she tells. She’s a lover of Diet Coke, chocolate, lazy weekends and happily ever afters.


Teaser 1 copy


AUTHOR LINKS:




InkSlinger Blogger Final

No comments:

Post a Comment