Sunday, November 27, 2016

[Review] If I Could I'd Wish It All Away by Lisa Helen Gray


Title: If I Could I'd Wish It All Away
Series: I Wish
Edited: Hot Tree Editing
Author: Lisa Helen Gray
Release Date: 11/11/16

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21417119-if-i-could-i-d-wish-it-all-away



BOOK BLURB:

When you hit rock bottom the only way forward is up, right? 

When Lola Lawson escapes her abusive boyfriend, she goes back to the only place that’s left to go. She returns to the one place where the memories of her parents will comfort her.
It’s taken Lola sixteen years to return to Cabin Lakes where her parent’s best friends Mark and Lilly live.
What she wasn’t expecting was for her childhood crush and best friend, Dean Salvatore to be grown up and sexy as sin. 

As Dean Helps Lola come to terms with moving on, Lola finds something she hasn’t had in a long time, family.
Just when Lola feels like she finally has the one thing she’s always dreamed of, her past comes back to haunt her.
With a storm brewing, can Dean get to Lola in time to shelter her? Or will she forever live in the past she fears?






PURCHASE LINKS:






OUR REVIEWS:


4 Stars!

Lisa Helen Gray quickly stole my heart in the writing world with her Carter brothers series and since then, I have been a loyal fan, seeking out each new release in that series. And while I am only familiar with her writing in one way with those delicious boy, this was a nice change and a story I wasn't expecting at all.

If I Could Wish It All Away was an emotionally-charged romance that kept me on my toes the entire time and pulled at my heartstrings. Lisa pulled me right in from the first page and by the end, I will captivated by these two, not putting them down until long after the pages quit turning.

 Now for the main course... Lola and Dean.... *sigh*.... I really liked these two and even more....Dean made me swoon and fall head over heels in love. Their story and path was full of ups, downs, and everything in between yet I still found myself rooting for these two.

Take a chance on this story and be ready for steam, feels, love, and second chances.

 I recommend this book.


4 Stars!

I was pulled right into this story. The story has abuse, pain, anger, secrets, laughs, and heartbreak.

This is Lola and Dean’s story. Lola ran from her abusive boyfriend. She went back to her home on Cabin Lakes. There she re-connects with her best friend. She ran from the place after she lost her parents and has not been back for years. Now she needs the love and support that she always go while she was there. The more Lola and Dean re-connect the more they want each other. But is Lola ready for that? What happens when her ex tracts her down. Will she go back to him if it protects everyone she loves? Or will she finally break free from the abuse and pain?

I loved these characters and also the side characters. I felt I was able to connect with the characters and the story was a great read.

I recommend this book.






FOLLOW THE AUTHOR:

No comments:

Post a Comment