Wednesday, November 30, 2016

[Review] Collecting the Pieces by L.A. Fiore

collection-the-pieces-fb-banner




about-the-book-4

At fifteen I fell in love. His name was Jake Stephens and he took the abandoned, lonely girl I had been and made me whole. His love was a pure and unconditional love that made every day better than the last…a fairy tale of my very own.

But this story isn’t about Jake. It’s about Abel Madden; the man I meet after the fairy tale goes to hell. A cocky, arrogant man who says what he wants, does as he pleases, and makes no excuses for it. He irritates me—downright pisses me off at times—but he also brings me back to life. 

My name is Sidney Ellis and this is my story of finding love twice—the first when I needed it most and the second when I never saw it coming.







buylinks

collection-the-pieces-now-live-fb

amazon-puzzle kobo-puzzlebn-puzzle


* * * * * 


release-day-teaser-1

release-day-teaser-11






::: MY REVIEW :::



4 Stars!

Two Books in One

Wow, I wasn't sure what I expected from the blurb of this book and was very satisfied with what I got. L.A. Fiore did a great job at setting up Sidney's story and then some. For the first half of the book, it was almost too good to be true and then things got different. Really different, but really good.

Sidney was a foster kid looking for a somewhat normal life. Two parents that loved her would have been enough. Instead she was a victim of the system and made the best out of the hand she was dealt. Her foster brother Conner took care of her until she was fifteen and met the love of her life. Jake Stephens.

Jake and his parents were everything Sidney dreamt about, the family she wanted so bad. While I found it very easy for her to fit right in with the Stephens family, the story needed that easiness to work. We go through years with Sidney and Jake, he's there for her every step of the way. Giving her the family life she's always wanted, until one day he wasn't.

Sidney was pretty much back to square one when she came upon the mysterious Able Madden (loved his name). He was everything Jake wasn't and everything she needed right now. Able wasn't an easy guy to get to know, but the little she saw of him called to her. He was a bad boy with a bad attitude, but could have lost the beard and man bun in my eyes. ;)

I absolutely loved the primal instinct these two had towards each other and how they danced around it. Sidney wasn't in the place to even think about another guy, however Able didn't care. They were under each other's skin instantly.

The book is well written from dual points of view, with a large cast of supporting characters that are just as interesting as the main characters. There's more than a Jake and Sidney love story here. We get angst, steam and a little action to round things out. The book reads as a stand alone, however I would read any of the character spin offs. Well, as long as we checked in on Jake and Sidney too.







about-the-author-5

logo

L.A. Fiore is the author of several books including: Beautifully Damaged, Waiting for the One and A Glimpse of the Dream. She's also the social secretary for her two children, a tamer of ill-mannered cats, the companion to one awesome dog and married to her best friend. She likes her wine red, her shrimp chilled and her social gatherings small and intimate.



connect-with-the-author-2

15f42-newsletter




hostedby

website goldfacebook goldtwitter goldinstagram goldPinterest goldyoutube goldgold label_newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment