Tuesday, November 22, 2016

[Release Blitz + Review + Excerpt] Words I Couldn't Say by Tessa Teevan



Title: Words I Couldn’t Say
Series: Promise in Prose #1
Author: Tessa Teevan
Release Date: Nov 22, 2016
Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance
Photo Credit: Sara Eirew Photography







 
You know the old adage “if you love something, set it free?"
It's the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
The dumbest thing I've ever done.
I loved her. I lost her. Hell, I let her go. And then spent five miserable years without her.
 

To cope with the loss, I put pen to paper and wrote her a love story, knowing when she was ready she’d hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago.
 

Turned out, not only would she hear them, but when Hollywood came calling, I made sure she got the lead role. After all, no one else could portray the character whom she’d inspired.
Now she's within arms' reach and finally, she'll know the truth in my heart.
 

Because that other cliché, “Actions speak louder than words?”
I’m going to prove it.
My words may have brought Ava Banks back into my life; I have to be enough to make her stay.









The air around us was silent save for the crickets chirping off in the distance. The cool Cincinnati breeze nipped at my skin while I waited for his reaction. When I’d started writing this novel, it had been an ode to my past love. My past life. But then it’d taken on a life of its own and become so much more. Which had made it that much more poignant. That much harder to fathom the one word that’d been haunting me for years.

Goodbye.

At long last, he turned to the final page and sucked in a breath. My stomach twisted in knots because he was about to read the end. And I didn’t know how he’d interpret it. Half scared he’d tell me that I’d lost my mind and no one would ever want to read this story, especially with that ending.

He didn’t make me wait long. As his head slowly rose, I was taken aback at the tears shining in his usually cheerful eyes. This man, who had always been like a second father to me, had been reduced to tears by my words. My words. Words we both knew for whom they were meant. And, instead of calling me a fool or attempting to kill me, he watched me with tearful appreciation, switching between nodding and shaking his head as if trying to process it all.

I didn’t know how to react, so I simply stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Anything.

He closed the manuscript and set it on the table in front of us before taking a long swig from his whiskey glass. I followed suit and enjoyed the smoky burn that did little to soothe my nerves.

“Jesus Christ,” he muttered, his eyes locking in on mine. “Tucker. You did it. You fucking did it,” he whispered, seemingly unashamed of his emotional display.

I nodded, the same emotion welling up inside me when I remembered the ending of my first novel. So many love stories begin with the girl who got away. Mine wasn’t any different. Not only in my novel, but in real life as well. Ava Banks was, and always would be, that girl for me. But, instead of slipping through my fingers, she’d made the conscious decision to leave. And, like most dumbass men, I’d let her. Hell, I’d pushed her away. I’d regretted it ever since.

But, now, I was hoping like hell I could get the second chance Trevor did. Hoping like hell my story would turn out differently than his. But, either way, I was putting myself out there, as terrifying as that was. She finally, finally would hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago.

Now, I just had to wait to see what she’d do about it.   














OUR REVIEWS:



4 Stars!

 Super Sweet!

While Words I Couldn't Say read as over the top sweet and predictable, I still really enjoyed the book. Tessa Teevan gives her readers two young adults trying to fix the mistakes of thier pasts, as well as learn from them.

"The thing is that I had no idea that, by following my dreams, I’d risk missing out on the greatest fairy tale of them all. My own."

Well, I wasn't a huge fan of Ava from the beginning and she never really grew on me. She came across as a selfish B-word and pretty much stayed that way throughout the book. Yes she was young, which I had to keep reminding myself of, but the girl still rubbed me the wrong way. She was very woe is me, without actually trying. She left him, yet excpected him to come crawling back to her. Yuck.

"I had fallen in love with Ava Banks when I was a kid, and it was a love that had consumed me for years, burning, twisting, and soaring until I had been enveloped in such a way that I’d never break free. I’d never want to."

Tucker on the other hand I liked right off the bat. Even if he had bad taste in women. Just kidding. This guy was quite the wordsmith which is something rare in a leading man. Unlike Ava, Tucker had to grow up quickly and learned the hard way how tough life could be. Why he pined over a girl that left him at his lowest I'll never know, so I went with the flow.

Now we have the Tucker and Ava get back together show. With him selling the rights to his hit novel and her getting the leading role, it was super obvious what was going to happen. All I could hope for were some stumbling blocks along the way and Tessa Teevan delivered. Things weren't easy for these two, although I think Tucker should have held out longer and I was glad to see Ava finally thinking of somebody other than herself.

The book is well written from dual points of view. Along with Ava and Tucker, her parents are the featured comic relief a serious story like this needed. I liked how involved they stayed in the situation through the years. Words I Couldn't Say reads as a standalone, however is a spin off of a series and I may want to see just how those parents came to be.




4.5 Stars!

Tessa Teevan has been a long time favorite of mine. Her books are always easy, sweet, full of passion, and guarantee the best happy endings.The Promise in Prose series is a brand new spin off series with a familiar face or two (or three) along with the some fresh ones. And just like her previous books, she stole my heart and left me wanting more so much more.

Words I Couldn't Say was a beautiful and heartwarming second chance romance that will make your heart beat a little faster and put a big ol' smile on your face. This book took me on an incredible journey, giving me the perfect romance full of moments that will touch your soul and make you believe in happy endings.

Tucker and Ava.... the two who are going to steal your heart like a thief in the night... From the beginning, this book hooked me and these two didn't let me go until they told me their story... and what a story it was. As the pages moved on, Tucker and Ava wound themselves around me... their path, their journey, their love, their everything... it was just simply amazing. 

If Tessa is new to you, this is the PERFECT start though it will make you crave the words of other characters that readers of this author have met before.

I highly recommend this book.



4.5 Stars!

 The story has laughs, steam, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.   This series is a spin-off of the Explosive series.  Ava is the daughter of Jeremy and Sierra Banks.

If you have not already read the below I would recommend reading those books first:
Ignite (Explosive, #1)
Incinerate (Explosive, #2)
Inflame (Explosive, #3)
Intoxicate (Explosive, #4)
Fusion (Explosive, #5)


This is Ava and Tucker's story.  Ava and Tucker were in love but after tragedy strikes Ava leaves him.  Now years later Tucker has written a story of their love.  Before selling the story he made sure to bring Ava back to him.  He made sure he demanded that the story be told in their hometown and that she be the lead. Will this be there second chance to have everything or the chance to finally say goodbye and get closure before moving on?   Can these two who are so great together and with chemistry enough to light you on fire really let each other go?

I highly recommend this book.






Tessa Teevan is a twenty-something book junkie who is also obsessed with sports. Bengals, Buckeyes, Reds are who she spends her time rooting for. She’s a research analyst by day, reads/writes by night, and is married to a guy 15 inches taller than her, making them quite the pair! They currently reside just outside of Dayton, OH with two adorably grumpy cats.

If she’s not writing or scouring through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. She loves her sports almost as much as she loves her books. Her other obsessions include red wine, hot men, rock music, and all things Corey Taylor.

She adores hearing from readers, so please feel free to contact via any social media site listed below.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment