Monday, October 17, 2016

[Release Blitz + Review] Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig



Title: Black Swan Affair
Author: K.L. Kreig
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 17, 2016



Book Blurb

I’ve loved him as long as I can remember.

The gangly boy with big brown eyes and unruly hair who grew up into an intoxicating man. He wears scruff like he invented it and ambles with a swagger that makes panties drop.

Killian Shepard.

Shep.

We grew up together. We played Ghost in the Graveyard. Had our own rock band. It didn’t matter that he was five years older than me. It didn’t matter that he looked at me as a kid sister even as I grew into a woman. It didn’t even matter when he left me behind to go to college and start his adult life.

He’d be back.

He was always meant to be mine.

He came back, all right. But instead of smelling of promises, he stunk of betrayal. And he destroyed me—us—the day he married my sister instead of me.

So I did the only thing a girl like me in my position could do.

I got my revenge.

I married his brother, Kael.

Now we’re one big happy fucking family.

*NO CHEATING STANDALONE*










Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS






Our Reviews


5 Stars!

Man, what an angsty ride we get with Black Swan Affair. As I read, it was almost as if it was a movie playing in my head. We start at the end and then go all the way back and circle around to see how the characters ended up in the situation we found them in originally. Fantastic writing to pull this off.

We have the brothers Killian and Kael, along with the jewel of both of thier eyes, Maverick. Ballsy move for her name, but it worked. As the blurb states, Maverick is in love with Killian, but she ends up marrying his brother, while Killian is married to her sister. They all live in the same small town, they are all related, have to have family dinners and see each other daily now. It's quite the emotional mess they've created.

"My soul is lost. My heart cold.I'm a devil in angel's skin, trapping a man for life who could have any woman he wants but for some reason wants me." ~ Maverick

This was the most interesting part of the book to me, Maverick trying to justify marrying Kael. Learning to love him while the real object of her affection was always lurking around the corner. Kael was written as a nice guy, too nice at times and you couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"I know everything and I still don't care. That's how much I love you. That's how wound around the very fuc#ing center of my soul you are. It's the same place you'll be until I close my eyes and take my last breath...While he was the sun that lit your world, you were the darkness that shadowed mine." ~ Kael

Yikes. The push and pull of each one of these characters was enough to drive a reader mad. At one point in this story, I didn't know who I liked and who I hated, well except for the sister Jillian. She seemed to be more trouble that she was worth really. There are secrets being kept from Maverick, big ones and when they finally come out all hell breaks loose.

The whole convoluted situation comes to a boiling point and you don't know who is going to be left standing when things are finally said and done. The book is well written from various points of view with time stamps. At first, I found the time stamps confusing because we were going back from four and three quarters months ago to nineteen years ago, however they started to make more sense as I kept reading. There is a great cast of supporting characters to help move the story along, especially Maverick's best friend Mary Lou.

Other than some of the past sequences that I skimmed over a bit, Black Swan Affair had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It all comes together in the end and we even get a little epilogue to tie up any lose ends.

"I followed my heart and it led me back to you." ~ Maverick



5 Stars!

Holy Smokes! Angst? Drama? Tension? Are you ready? Oh my! I was introduced to K.L. Kreig for the very first time earlier this year and she really blew me away with her magnetic words. She moved right on up my tbr and author to watch list. But this book right here? You ain't seen nothing yet. AMAZING. BRILLIANT. INTENSE. PASSIONATE.

Black Swan Affair was nothing like I expected it to be yet everything I could hope for in a romance novel of this caliber. This book chewed me up, spit me out, and then slowly pieced me back together. BSA took me on a twisted journey that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time... the highs, lows, and everything in between.

K.L. Kreig did a fantastic job drawing me in right from the beginning and dragging me along this twisted journey. I won't give spoilers because this book needs to be... experienced. Trust in this author and trust in her words.. you won't regret it! Get ready for an explosive ride that won't soon be forgotten.

I highly recommend this book.






Author Bio

I’m just a regular ol’ Midwest girl who likes Game of Thrones and am obsessed with Modern Family and The Goldbergs. I run, I eat, I run, I eat. It’s a vicous cycle. I love carbs, but there’s love-hate relationship with my ass and thighs. Mostly hate. I like a good cocktail (oh hell…who am I kidding? I love any cocktail). I’m a huge creature of habit, but I’ll tell you I’m flexible. I read every single day and if I don’t get a chance…watch the hell out, I’m a raving bitch. My iPad and me: BFFs. I’m direct and I make no apologies for it. I swear too much. I love alternative music and in my next life I want to be a bad-ass female rocker. I hate, hate, hate spiders, telemarketers, liver, acne, winter and loose hairs that fall down my shirt (don’t ask, it’s a thing).




Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment