Wednesday, September 14, 2016

[Review + Excerpt] Pierce My Heart by Kelsey Jensen


Title: Pierce My Heart
Author: Kelsey Jensen
Series: Women of Willowbrook #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult-esque Romance, Inspirational Romance, Family Saga Romance
Release Date: August 9, 2016




It all began with a choice...

Anna Pierce had, by all accounts, a blessed life. She grew up in a home full of laughter, love, and support. Where the biggest problem she faced (other than how to deal with her family's crazy antics) was deciding her plans for college. Little did she know the ugly path her choice would drag her down.

A choice that left her free-falling...

Fast forward five years. Her life still held that same laughter, love and support, but it was no longer full. A shadow hung overhead, waiting. Always threatening.

Until he caught her...

Jake Taylor stormed into her life and turned her world upside down. He made her feel things she'd hidden away from; made her face life again. But, most importantly, he helped her find the light.

And gave her happily ever after...

*This book contains adult content (lots of swearing, some drinking, and some sexy times) and is intended for readers 18 and older*

**This is book one in a series, but each book will be a STANDALONE with a new couple. NO cliffhanger**

Trigger Warning
(Physical abuse)






Love at first sight was for movies and romance novels. It wasn’t real life.

Was it?

Thankfully, I'm saved from having to answer (or think any more about it) when I hear Gran complain.

“Oh, give it up you old coot. I know you’re only faking it.”

I swing my head to see Gran with an annoyed look aimed at Gramps, who looks like he’s been knocked back by a gust of wind against his chair.

His head flung back, one arm thrown out while the other clutches his chest, and a groaning noise that's a mix between a howling dog and a car trying to start, coming from his throat.

Dad, Mom, and Robby are deep in conversation about a client, Maddy and Grace have moved on to specific breeds of dogs and the pros and cons to each, Mia’s half watching, half texting, and half stuffing her face.

Obviously the scene is nothing new for my family.

Evan, Jake, and myself seem to be the only people really paying attention to what's happening. Evan (who always got a kick out of the shit my family pulled) is avidly watching.

This goes on for five minutes.

I know, I'm timing it.

Finally, Gramps sits upright in his chair, dropping both hands to the table with a bang causing all conversation to halt. “I coulda been dying, woman!”

“You weren’t.”

“And how exactly do you know that?” Gramps demands, giving her his own version of an annoyed look.

With a suffering sigh, she explains, nodding to Jake. “Because I just asked Hot Buns over here if he wanted a big family and how soon.”

“Gran!”

“Ree, honey.”

“Mom.”

Gran’s head swung to myself, Mom, then Dad, then back to me. “What? It’s something to know! I’m not getting any younger and I want some great-grandbabies running around soon.”

“It’s none of your business, Ree,” Gramps tries reasoning.

She waves her hand like she's swatting away his words. “Oh pish posh, Cammy. Anna’s my grandbaby, it’s certainly my business.”

I drop my head in my hands and groan, only lifting it when I feel Jake's hand rubbing my back. When I look at him, I see his eyes smiling. Moving my eyes further down, I notice he isn't doing a very good job of keeping said smile off his face.

“This isn’t funny,” I whisper.

“It wasn’t, babe, but now it fucking is,” he chuckles.

I roll my eyes and drop my hands.

Whatever.




5 Stars!

Kelsey Jensen is a brand spanking new author to me and definitely one I will be stalking.... errr following in the very near future. You know... every once in a while I take a chance on a book and author I've never heard a peep about and with this book, I did just that. I went in blind and that was probably the best reading decision I have made in a while.

Pierce My Heart was a sexy, sweet, intense, passionate, and captivating romance full of love, lust, feels, and intrigue. I swooned. I cried. I laughed. I swooned again. I lusted. And most importantly, I fell head over heels in love. This story spoke deep into my heart, had me squirming in my seat, and glued me to the pages long after they quit turning.

The Women of Willowbrook series is a brand new series of standalone novels centering around one town and a group of family and friends. You are going to fall in love with the guys, gals, and little ones in this story. And with an amazing introduction to them with this first book, I have a strong feeling this series will continue to get better and better.

In this first book, we meet two people who are brought together by chance. This is Anna and Jake's story. Anna is... damaged. Coming off of bad relationships, men have left a bad taste in her mouth and she isn't eager to run out there and find a new one. But that all changes the moment she decides to adopt a dog. There she meets him, her one... JAKE.

Jake is unlike any other man she has ever been with or had eyes for. He is smart, sweet, handsome, alpha to the max, and swoonworthy. His body is like a god and his voice feels like silk. She knew she was in trouble the moment he started his pursuit because men like Jake get what they want. And Jake has his eyes on the grand prize... HER.

Can he break down her walls and show her true love? Will he catch her when she falls or tries to retreat? Jake has his work cut out for him when it comes to Anna but she is so worth it. Their chemistry is undeniable. Their bond is unbreakable. Their love is forever. Get ready to fall in love with Jake and Anna as they find a forever kind of love... together.

I highly recommend this book.



5 Stars!

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Anna and Jake’s story. Anna had it all until one event changed that. Now her life is different. She is existing but not really living. Jake sees the pain in Anna’s eyes and makes he want to feel and live again. Can she move on from the past or will it drag even her time with Jake down. Can Jake make her see a future with him that is happy? Or is she so far into just existing that he can’t reach her?

I highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the next story from this author.



Kelsey Jensen 

I grew up the only girl in my family, and because of the age difference between my brothers and I, I turned to books and barbies for enjoyment. That is, when I wasn't horsing around the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood kids. My love for reading, and creating stories, grew from there.

As I got older, I got more involved with sports (mainly golf and softball), friends, boys, (duh) but that never stopped me from enjoying books, or from making up background stories for my barbies and then later the sims in my game.

6 years later, I found myself at a point where one character wouldn't let me keep her story quiet.

Anna came to me while I was mowing, of all things, and she wouldn't stop until I put her story down. While giving Anna and Jake their HEA, they introduced me to all the awesome people in their lives. And because I'm a sucker for a HEA, I'll be assisting every one of them in finding their own.

But when I'm not lost in the world of Willow Creek and all it's inhabitants, or deep in the world of other author, I enjoy trying out my baking skills on family and friends, learning, then tweaking, new recipes from the Food Network, losing myself in good music,and disappearing as I binge watch seasons in a day on Netflix.  

No comments:

Post a Comment