Tuesday, September 27, 2016

[Blog Tour + Review] Darkest Before Dawn by Stevie J. Cole

darkestbanner-sbpr-blogtour

“Dark, gritty and utterly captivating. I couldn’t put this book down!” - USA Today Bestselling Author, Natasha Knight


darket-before-dawn-ebookcover


:: BOOK BLURB ::
Sixty-four days in captivity. Sixty-four days to lose yourself—or find yourself.

I’m Ava Donovan. I was abducted at the age of nineteen. I’m told I’m a survivor, but the truth is, I only survived because he saved me. Even when he kept me locked in that room—he saved me.

Constantly wondering when and how you will die, that does something to you. To your mind. But what do you do when it does something to your heart? What do you do when the man holding you captive seems just as broken as you are, when his mere presence becomes a comfort you crave—when you love him even though you shouldn’t?

You smile and tell yourself it’s okay because love has no morals.

Sixty-four days in captivity gave me a love most people will never have and my freedom took it all away.


darkest-nowlive2





:: BUY NOW ::
darkest-teaser2large


:: ADD TO GOODREADS ::
 http://bit.ly/2biDLmc

Woman with perfect body hugged by handsome man




:: MY REVIEW ::


3 Stars!

More Love Than Dark

When it comes to Stevie J. Cole and I, she has dark, demented characters that I hate to love. Absolution and Wrong instantly coming to mind. Those guys were twisted psychopaths, yet there was that crazy sliver of redemption that kept me thinking, "Eh, they aren't so bad. Are they?" With Darkest Before Dawn, Max had these same qualities, however lost them for me along the way.

The book starts out gritty, heavy if you will, with Max's side of the story. We quickly learn what has made him into the man he is today. The revenge that constantly weighs on his mind, the payback he is so close to delivering he can taste it. That guy, the ruthless one? I liked him.

"She had a life that was ripped away from her, and there is nothing I can do here to save a girl like her. Someone like her, all this will do is destroy her." ~ Max

Think again Max. When he encounters Ava, Max doesn't realize that he's finally met his match. Sure she was taken under the same circumstances as the others, however there was already something dark living inside her. She was stronger than the others from the get go. Different if you will.

"I am in love with the man I should hate, and I believe he's in love with something he must kill." ~ Ava

Fate. This was my favorite part of the book. The recognition of fate possibly bringing these two dark souls together. It feels like a small world sometimes and Max and Ava soon learn how true that actually is. How thier paths had possibly crossed before, under the worst, yet best of circumstances.

The book was well written from dual points of view and started out dark, with a heavy story line that parlayed into the meaning of love through that darkness that lived in both of them. And that's where I started to check out. Lots of pining for each other which got to be repetitive after a while. In my mind I started to say, "sh%t or get off the pot you two" as the dialogue was getting to be too much, without any action to back it up. First half to three quarters of the book great, the last quarter not so much for me.



darkest-teaser3 




:: ABOUT THE AUTHOR ::

Stevie J. Cole is a secret rock star. Sex, drugs and, oh wait, no, just sex. She’s a whore for a British accent and has an unhealthy obsession with Russell Brand. She and LP Lovell plan to elope in Vegas and breed the world’s most epic child.

No comments:

Post a Comment